Quantcast

Error: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity

Error: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity

klib1
Hi,

first of all, I have searched in the forum / on the web for the problem and there are some solutions around, but I was not able to solve the issue with them :(

I have a project with two folders (src/ and test/) and I want to generate a statSVN-Report for both of them.

I have created the SVN Logfile for the whole project and successfully created ths src-Report. But when trying to create the test-report, it fails with the following error message:

'Logfile parsing failed.
 XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.'

The command I use is as follows:
java -Xmx512m -jar statsvn.jar -include "**/*.java" -output-dir D:\Outputfolder\test D:\ProjectRootFolder\svn.log D:\ProjectRootFolder\test\

Some more things i found out:
 - When changing the last parameter to 'D:\ProjectRootFolder\src', it works fine.
 - The svn log contains all the entries from both the src and the test folders. Generating a logfile only for the test-folder does not solve the problem.
 - Using the -debug or -verbose option gives no more useful information
 - My SVN Version is 1.6.5

Thanks for your help,

Hannes

Re: Error: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity

jkealey@lavablast.com
Good morning,

From the others who have had similar issues, the issue is not with the svn log xml but rather with the svn info xml that is queried for at the same time. (does it say 'svn info' before the error message when running in verbose mode?)

A number of other people have had similar issues and most of the time it ends up that there is a configuration issue on the machine. (Java XML parser or locale - I assume your operating system is in German?)

There are also other posts in our SVN thread.

Type svn info --xml in your check out directory root to see what that xml looks like.

Thanks,
---
Jason Kealey, Ing. - [hidden email]
FranchiseBlast, franchise software - http://www.franchiseblast.com
Simplifying day-to-day franchise operations

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 2:17 AM, klib1 <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Jason,

you are right, it says svn info before the error message and I agree with you that it could be a configuration problem, because I had to set up my developing machine recently and statSVN worked fine before. But afaik I did not install new/other software (same JDK, same SVN (SlikSVN)).

Yes, my locale is Swiss-German. I have tried the svn info command and it gives me the following xml syntax:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<info>
<entry
   kind="dir"
   path="."
   revision="5350">
<url>https://192.168.0.52/svn/sburepo/JavaProjekte/DVAbwasserImportExport/trunk</url>
<repository>
<root>https://192.168.0.52/svn/sburepo</root>
<uuid>e063cfef-6c1b-471c-9d61-e640793c5e32</uuid>
</repository>
<wc-info>
<schedule>normal</schedule>
<depth>infinity</depth>
</wc-info>
<commit
   revision="5279">
<author>innerhoferh</author>
<date>2011-08-17T08:31:59.699071Z</date>
</commit>
</entry>
</info>

I can't find anything strange with the xml. And I didn't find differences (except the obvious ones in root, revision and date) between the src-folder (where the generation of the stats works) and the test -folder.

The folder structure of the project might be of interest, too:

DVAbwasserImportExport
   -trunk
      -src
      -test

Thank you very much for your help

Hannes

Re: Error: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity

klib1
Hi Jason,

setting the language env-variable to en_US does not solve the problem. Still the same output!

Greetings,
Hannes

Re: Error: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity

janos
Passing this option also does not help:
-Duser.language=en

Anybody found the solution to this?

Re: Error: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity

janos
Ok I found a solution that worked for me.

With an "svn st" I discovered that my checkout folder was "dirty", i.e. it had lines starting with ! or ~

After I cleaned up the checkout dir statsvn worked just fine.