Quantcast

Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from /usr/share/java/statsvn.jar

Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from /usr/share/java/statsvn.jar

Grogana
I've searched around for a while and have not seen others with this issue.
Here's some background:
Running Ubuntu 10.04
Loaded StatSVN from apt-get
Checked out repo
Created log file
Ran command java -jar /usr/share/java/statsvn.jar /data/checkout/is_svn/logfile.log /data/checkout/is_svn

I get the error in the subject. Since I can find so little information on this error I'm thinking it's most likely user error however I could use some assistance if someone is willing.
Thank you!

Re: Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from /usr/share/java/statsvn.jar

Grogana
I forgot to mention the version of java was the one loaded from the statSVN install; 1.5.0

Re: Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from /usr/share/java/statsvn.jar

jkealey@lavablast.com
What happens if you get the JAR file from SourceForge instead? I wonder if it was repackaged by someone else, which would cause this issue.

It appears this error happens when you don't even have a manifest file included in your JAR and/or when the Java class it points to cannot be loaded.

If the above doesn't help, other than something wrong with your Java installation, I don't know what else could be going on.

Thanks,
---
Jason Kealey, Ing. - [hidden email]
FranchiseBlast, franchise software - http://www.franchiseblast.com
Simplifying day-to-day franchise operations

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Grogana <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've searched around for a while and have not seen others with this issue.
Here's some background:
Running Ubuntu 10.04
Loaded StatSVN from apt-get
Checked out repo
Created log file
Ran command java -jar /usr/share/java/statsvn.jar
/data/checkout/is_svn/logfile.log /data/checkout/is_svn

I get the error in the subject. Since I can find so little information on
this error I'm thinking it's most likely user error however I could use some
assistance if someone is willing.
Thank you!

Re: Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from /usr/share/java/statsvn.jar

Grogana
I updated the JAR file and was able to get past the error however I got a new one that I was able to research and found it was the headless Linux issue. I gave up that route and went with Windows. Problem solved.