Headless operations

Nicholas Yue
Hi,

  Headless operations problem of StatsSVN have been mentioned in 2008.

  I am still unable to do that with the current builds of StatsSVN.

  Is there a plan to resolve this ?

  I am using StatsSVN on Linux and it fails if I don't have X11's DISPLAY setup.

Regards

Re: Headless operations

jkealey@lavablast.com
Unfortunately, none of the core team develops on headless machines. Therefore, it would be great if you are interested in contributing a bit of time to submit patches to allow StatSVN to operate in headless environments.

Thanks,
---
Jason Kealey, Ing. - [hidden email]
LavaBlast Franchise Software - http://www.lavablast.com
Simplifying day-to-day franchise operations

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 11:48 PM, Nicholas Yue <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

 Headless operations problem of StatsSVN have been mentioned in 2008.

 I am still unable to do that with the current builds of StatsSVN.

 Is there a plan to resolve this ?

 I am using StatsSVN on Linux and it fails if I don't have X11's DISPLAY
setup.

Regards

Re: Headless operations

BenoitX
Administrator
Actually I have been using StatCVS (same code for charts) on an Ubuntu machine for years...

You just need to define -Djava.awt.headless=true

Hope this help

------------------------IMPORTANT NOTICE This communication contains information that is considered confidential and may also be privileged . It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error please return it to the sender and delete the original.

Benoit Xhenseval wrote:
> Actually I have been using StatCVS (same code for charts) on an Ubuntu
> machine for years...
>
> You just need to define -Djava.awt.headless=true
Hi Benoit,

    Cool. That was my conclusion too and have been running with that for
the last couple of days.

> Hope this help

> ------------------------IMPORTANT NOTICE This communication contains
> information that is considered confidential and may also be privileged
> . It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are
> not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of
> distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information
> in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received
> this communication in error please return it to the sender and delete
> the original.

Hi Jason,

    May the above "-Djava.awt.headless=true" can serve as a
pointer/suggestion on the wiki for people running headless StatSVN.

Regards

Re: Headless operations

jkealey@lavablast.com
Done.