Merge developpers acounts ?

Alamb
Hi all,

Is there a way to merge the duplicated accounts of developers?
Some of our developpers have two accounts (dev01 and dev02 for example) an option for merge the stats for those accounts would be usefull.

Thanks

Re: Merge developpers acounts ?

BenoitX
Administrator
Hi Alamb,

So you have developers with split personalities?

I will implement this functionality in StatCVS and make it available to a beta build soon.  Will you test this and let me know if it is ok?

I think that the easiest will be to define an entry in the config file
users.<dev01>.replacedBy=<dev02>

sounds good?

Alamb wrote
Hi all,

Is there a way to merge the duplicated accounts of developers?
Some of our developpers have two accounts (dev01 and dev02 for example) an option for merge the stats for those accounts would be usefull.

Thanks

Re: Merge developpers acounts ?

jkealey@lavablast.com
I think the easiest way is to do a find & replace in the SVN log file before running StatSVN, but if this works, great!

Thanks,
---
Jason Kealey - [hidden email]
LavaBlast Franchise Software - http://www.lavablast.com
Simplifying day-to-day franchise operations

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 1:20 PM, BenoitX <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Alamb,

So you have developers with split personalities? :handshake:

Alamb wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to merge the duplicated accounts of developers?
> Some of our developpers have two accounts (dev01 and dev02 for example) an
> option for merge the stats for those accounts would be usefull.
>
> Thanks

Re: Merge developpers acounts ?

BenoitX
Administrator
Hi *,

It was easier than anticipated.  I have enabled this for StatCVS and uploaded a new statsvn JAR  on
http://www.statsvn.org/beta/statsvn.org

In the config-file, simply add:
user.dev1.replacedBy=dev2

if you want any stats under 'dev1' to be moved under 'dev2'

Alamb, could you give it a try and let us know?

Thanks

Benoit

Jason Kealey-2 wrote
Jason Kealey - jkealey@lavablast.com

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 1:20 PM, BenoitX <benoitx@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Alamb,
>
> So you have developers with split personalities? :handshake:
>
> I will implement this functionality in StatCVS and make it available to a
> beta build soon.  Will you test this and let me know if it is ok?
>
> I think that the easiest will be to define an entry in the config file
> users.<dev01>.replacedBy=<dev02>
>
> sounds good?

> Alamb wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is there a way to merge the duplicated accounts of developers?
> > Some of our developpers have two accounts (dev01 and dev02 for example)
> an
> > option for merge the stats for those accounts would be usefull.
> >
> > Thanks

Re: Merge developpers acounts ?

BenoitX
Administrator
Sorry.. it is a bit late here and I'm back from the pub (FAN meeting with Stephen Colebourne!) So the correct link is:

http://www.statsvn.org/beta/statsvn.jar

Benoit

BenoitX wrote
Hi *,

It was easier than anticipated.  I have enabled this for StatCVS and uploaded a new statsvn JAR  on
http://www.statsvn.org/beta/statsvn.org

In the config-file, simply add:
user.dev1.replacedBy=dev2

if you want any stats under 'dev1' to be moved under 'dev2'

Alamb, could you give it a try and let us know?

Thanks

Benoit

Jason Kealey-2 wrote
I think the easiest way is to do a find & replace in the SVN log file before
running StatSVN, but if this works, great!
Thanks,
---
Jason Kealey - jkealey@lavablast.com
LavaBlast Franchise Software - http://www.lavablast.com
Simplifying day-to-day franchise operations

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 1:20 PM, BenoitX <benoitx@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Alamb,
>
> So you have developers with split personalities? :handshake:
>
> I will implement this functionality in StatCVS and make it available to a
> beta build soon.  Will you test this and let me know if it is ok?
>
> I think that the easiest will be to define an entry in the config file
> users.<dev01>.replacedBy=<dev02>
>
> sounds good?

> Alamb wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is there a way to merge the duplicated accounts of developers?
> > Some of our developpers have two accounts (dev01 and dev02 for example)
> an
> > option for merge the stats for those accounts would be usefull.
> >
> > Thanks

Re: Merge developpers acounts ?

Alamb
Hi all,

thanks for updating your project so quickly. I'm back to work, I'll try this option and give you a feedback as soon as possible

BenoitX wrote
Sorry.. it is a bit late here and I'm back from the pub (FAN meeting with Stephen Colebourne!) So the correct link is:

http://www.statsvn.org/beta/statsvn.jar

Benoit

BenoitX wrote
Hi *,

It was easier than anticipated.  I have enabled this for StatCVS and uploaded a new statsvn JAR  on
http://www.statsvn.org/beta/statsvn.org

In the config-file, simply add:
user.dev1.replacedBy=dev2

if you want any stats under 'dev1' to be moved under 'dev2'

Alamb, could you give it a try and let us know?

Thanks

Benoit

Jason Kealey-2 wrote
I think the easiest way is to do a find & replace in the SVN log file before
running StatSVN, but if this works, great!
Thanks,
---
Jason Kealey - jkealey@lavablast.com
LavaBlast Franchise Software - http://www.lavablast.com
Simplifying day-to-day franchise operations

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 1:20 PM, BenoitX <benoitx@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Alamb,
>
> So you have developers with split personalities? :handshake:
>
> I will implement this functionality in StatCVS and make it available to a
> beta build soon.  Will you test this and let me know if it is ok?
>
> I think that the easiest will be to define an entry in the config file
> users.<dev01>.replacedBy=<dev02>
>
> sounds good?

> Alamb wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is there a way to merge the duplicated accounts of developers?
> > Some of our developpers have two accounts (dev01 and dev02 for example)
> an
> > option for merge the stats for those accounts would be usefull.
> >
> > Thanks

Re: Merge developpers acounts ?

Alamb
It seems to works fine
Here is my config file:

user.dev2.realName=dev2Name
user.dev1.realName=dev1Name
user.dev1.replacedBy=dev2

Stats from dev1 are moved under dev2 that's good, but "Author ID" in developpers page remains dev1.
Exept this little things stats are merged ! Thanks a lot ! :)

Re: Merge developpers acounts ?

BenoitX
Administrator
Ok... thanks for finding this out.

I will look into it may be tomorrow.

Benoit

Alamb wrote
It seems to works fine
Here is my config file:

user.dev2.realName=dev2Name
user.dev1.realName=dev1Name
user.dev1.replacedBy=dev2

Stats from dev1 are moved under dev2 that's good, but "Author ID" in developpers page remains dev1.
Exept this little things stats are merged ! Thanks a lot ! :)

Re: Merge developpers acounts ?

BenoitX
Administrator

I have uploaded a new BETA release that (I believe) fixes this issue

http://www.statsvn.org/beta/statsvn.jar

Please confirm it is now ok.

Thanks

Benoit

Alamb wrote
It seems to works fine
Here is my config file:

user.dev2.realName=dev2Name
user.dev1.realName=dev1Name
user.dev1.replacedBy=dev2

Stats from dev1 are moved under dev2 that's good, but "Author ID" in developpers page remains dev1.
Exept this little things stats are merged ! Thanks a lot ! :)

Re: Merge developpers acounts ?

Alamb

Hi,

That works perfectly ! :)