New Beta for StatSVN 0.6.0

BenoitX
Administrator
Hi All

I've prepared a new StatSVN beta release

2 main items:
1/ reduce the amount of memory required quite dramatically (like a 10x factor in some of my tests...).
2/ Twitter integration will use some bit.ly javascript (thanks to Jason) to automatically detect the page where the stats are.. give it a try!

The beta is available at:
http://www.statsvn.org/beta/statsvn.jar

More at:
http://www.statsvn.org/beta/

I'd greatly appreciate if some of you could pick it up and run it without any -Dmx settings or at east try to reduce the value that you had as much as possible...

Let me know

Thanks!

Re: New Beta for StatSVN 0.6.0

alstrup
Hi,

When I try to run this on my Windows XP, I get

  C:\work>java -jar statsvn.jar c:\code\svn.log c:\code
  13-11-2009 10:13:06 net.sf.statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger info
  INFO: StatSVN - SVN statistics generation

  Parsing SVN log 'c:\code\svn.log'No exclude pattern
  Logfile parsing failed.
  svn log: svn info: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.

Any ideas for how I can debug further? The svn.log file can be parsed by other XML tools without problems, and when I expect it, it looks just fine. It is produced by

   svn log -v --xml https://<host>/codesvn/ > svn.log

I have tried statsvn from SVN, but that gives the same. I even tried to add debugging printout to find out where in the XML file the problem is, but I must admit I am not able to get the line information out of the XML parser.

Regards,
Asger

Re: New Beta for StatSVN 0.6.0

jkealey@lavablast.com
The issue is not with the svn log xml but rather with the svn info xml that is queried for at the same time.

A number of other people have had similar issues and most of the time it ends up that there is a configuration issue on the machine.

There are also other posts in our SVN thread.

Type svn info --xml in your check out directory root to see what that xml looks like.

Thanks,
---
Jason Kealey - [hidden email]
LavaBlast Franchise Software - http://www.lavablast.com
Simplifying day-to-day franchise operations