Using of SVNKit?

stepand76
Hi *,

first of all I must say that I'm happy user od StatSVN. Thank you for providing this tool fo free.

I have only one issue: We run StatSVN on web server. StatSVN uses working copy of a repository to generate XML log file. It require to have a working copy (source code) stored on server (need checkout before start StatSVN). It is not secure and it is slow.

What about to use SVNKit instead of checkout repository?

What do you think?

Thank you

Re: Using of SVNKit?

jkealey@lavablast.com
It would be possible to implement StatSVN without requiring a local checked-out copy. However, one would end up doing numerous "svn cat" to count lines and it would be very slow. (This is regardless of the use of SVNkit or not). It would be nice to see someone implement this as this is something that annoys lots of people!

For your information, someone on the list once attempted to prototype an svnkit implementation but it was never finalized. That task is still up for grabs for anyone who would like to contribute to StatSVN (and it is not really a big job, from what I recall).

Thanks,
---
Jason Kealey - [hidden email]
LavaBlast Franchise Software - http://www.lavablast.com
Simplifying day-to-day franchise operations

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 9:30 AM, stepand76 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi *,

first of all I must say that I'm happy user od StatSVN. Thank you for
providing this tool fo free.

I have only one issue: We run StatSVN on web server. StatSVN uses working
copy of a repository to generate XML log file. It require to have a working
copy (source code) stored on server (need checkout before start StatSVN). It
is not secure and it is slow.

What about to use SVNKit instead of checkout repository?

What do you think?

Thank you

Re: Using of SVNKit?

filipecorreia
On 4/21/09, Jason Kealey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It would be possible to implement StatSVN without requiring a local
> checked-out copy.

svnplot seems to do this: http://code.google.com/p/svnplot/
I'm not sure how it was implemented though.

Cheers,
Filipe

Re: Using of SVNKit?

BenoitX
Administrator
Blimey.... I just had a look at the svnplot samples:
http://sites.google.com/site/nitinbhide/svnplot/svnplotonrietveld

errr... let's say that it is 'quite' inspired by the type of statistics that StatCVS/StatSVN have been doing... including Loc and Churn.

I guess that it is a compliment.

I like the Tag cloud word though, I think it is very cool even if a bit old-web2.0... :-)

I might have a look at that...

Benoit

------------------------IMPORTANT NOTICE This communication contains information that is considered confidential and may also be privileged . It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error please return it to the sender and delete the original.

On 4/21/09, Jason Kealey <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It would be possible to implement StatSVN without requiring a local
> checked-out copy.

svnplot seems to do this: http://code.google.com/p/svnplot/
I'm not sure how it was implemented though.

Cheers,
Filipe

Re: Using of SVNKit?

stepand76
So is there any chance of possibility to run SvnStat without using of "svn co" in the future?

Re: Using of SVNKit?

stepand76
Jason Kealey-2 wrote
Is there some details?

Re: Using of SVNKit?

Yogeshh
Hi All,
  I have implemented svnkit for statsvn  and is working fine. If anyone wannts details, I can provide you code.

stepand76 wrote
Jason Kealey-2 wrote
For your information, someone on the list once attempted to prototype an
svnkit implementation but it was never finalized. That task is still up for
grabs for anyone who would like to contribute to StatSVN (and it is not
really a big job, from what I recall).
Is there some details?

Re: Using of SVNKit?

stepand76
Great! I'm very interested! Please send me it. Thank you!

Yogeshh wrote
Hi All,
  I have implemented svnkit for statsvn  and is working fine. If anyone wannts details, I can provide you code.

Re: Using of SVNKit?

jkealey@lavablast.com
Please send in a patch for our review.

Thanks,
---

stepand76 wrote:

> Jason Kealey-2 wrote:
>>
>> For your information, someone on the list once attempted to prototype an
>> svnkit implementation but it was never finalized. That task is still up
>> for
>> grabs for anyone who would like to contribute to StatSVN (and it is not
>> really a big job, from what I recall).
>>

> Is there some details?

Re: Using of SVNKit?

stepand76
Hi Jason, do you have received something?

Jason Kealey-2 wrote
Please send in a patch for our review.

Re: Using of SVNKit?

Yogeshh
Hi stepand76,
   I dont have your email id, so I replied to your mail - stepand76 (via Nabble) <ml-user+211603-405562596@n2.nabble.com>. I have mentioned details & attached code with that mail. I am sending here same for reference of all but no code since no attachment fascillity here in forum

  I have made some changes to main.java for my use and created a class StatSvnReportCreator.java.
  Unlike command line client, here username and password are mandotary since svnkit diff and log commands will not work.
  Code contains handlers for various svn commands and a util class for handling all svn commands.
  Please use following code to use these classes.

StatSvnReportCreator statReportCreater =

new StatSvnReportCreator(checkOutLocation, svnUserName, svnPassword, statSvnReportTitle, statSvnReportLocation);

statReportCreater.setLogLevel(StatSvnReportCreator.LOGLEVEL_INFO); //to display info logs

statReportCreater.createStatReport();

Librarys (JARs) required -

        STATSVN - statsvn-0.5.0.jar And

        SVNKIT -> svnkit-1.3.0.jar & jna.jar

    If you want to keep both the mechanisms as mentioned in mail, only thing we have to do is instead of main.java use StatSvnReportCreator class  or edit main class to delete code containing call to SvnStartupUtils for varsion check and either use RepositoryFileManager d from my code or default as per requirement

    I am using some code for Handlers as it is from svnkit source. Is it OK with regards to License ? Please check/comment.

    I am using checkout directory as main source and if it possible to use SVN URL instead without local checkout as demanded by many on forum, there are not many changes required, but I want to know that is statsvn or statcvs is using file locations/ local files to create report and using svn url is preferable in respect to performance and other.

    Reply in case source or more details required

Thanks,
Yogeshh

Re: Using of SVNKit?

BenoitX
Administrator
Hi Yogeshh

Thanks for the contribution.

Jason and I will have a look soon. Unfortunately, it is holiday time soon for me (and now for Jason), so it may take a few weeks...

But we'll definitely look at it!

stepand76, if you want to check it out and give a feedback for integration, that would also be great!

I'd like to be able to use a switch svnkit:on or off...

Thanks

Benoit

------------------------IMPORTANT NOTICE This communication contains information that is considered confidential and may also be privileged . It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error please return it to the sender and delete the original.

Re: Using of SVNKit?

rooomka
hi guys!!

you are doing great job!

i although wanted to use StatSVN on a remote Repository without checking it out.

Did you already published your code anywhere?

Greets
Rooomka

Re: Using of SVNKit?

jkealey@lavablast.com
Good afternoon,

The feature you request is already listed on our issue tracker. However, it is not a priority for us. You can download the code on sourceforge and try to replace local calls with remote svn cat and/or svn list. The next version should include svnkit integration (already in subversion but requires more testing).

Thanks,
---

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 6:17 AM, rooomka <[hidden email]> wrote:

hi guys!!

you are doing great job!

i although wanted to use StatSVN on a remote Repository without checking it
out.

Did you already published your code anywhere?

Greets
Rooomka

testing).
I noticed that there is some new code on this topic included in revision 394. Is possible to test it? What command line arguments to use?

Re: Using of SVNKit?

jkealey@lavablast.com
I think the beta jar is up to date: http://www.statsvn.org/beta/statsvn.jar

Simply use that one and specify the -svnkit command line argument.

On one server, I found it to be three times as fast whereas on another, three times as slow.

Thanks,
---

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 6:35 AM, stepand76 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Jason Kealey-2 wrote:

> The next version should include svnkit integration (already in subversion
> but requires more
> testing).

I noticed that there is some new code on this topic included in revision
394. Is possible to test it? What command line arguments to use?

Re: Using of SVNKit?

jkealey@lavablast.com
The svnkit version doesn't replace the need for a checked out repository - but it would make it easier on people who want to implement this feature.

Thanks,
---
Jason Kealey - [hidden email]
LavaBlast Franchise Software - http://www.lavablast.com
Simplifying day-to-day franchise operations

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Stepan Drzka <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you Jason,

I'm trying it. But it seems that it still require checked-out dir:

C:\StatSvn>"java -cp svnkit.jar;jna.jar -jar s
tatsvn.jar -svnkit -title Test -username myname -password mypass -output-d
ir C:\www\WebSite\StatSvn\Test Test.xml Test
Sep 9, 2009 2:37:26 PM net.sf.statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger info
INFO: StatSVN - SVN statistics generation

Sep 9, 2009 2:37:26 PM net.sf.statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger error
SEVERE: svn info svn: 'Test' is not a working copy
Sep 9, 2009 2:37:26 PM net.sf.statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger info
INFO: svn info svn: 'Test' is not a working copy
Sep 9, 2009 2:37:26 PM net.sf.statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger error
SEVERE: Repository root not available - verify that the project was checked out
with svn version 1.3.0 or above.

What's wrong?

Thank you

Stepan

Jason Kealey-2 wrote:

> The next version should include svnkit integration (already in subversion
> but requires more
> testing).

I noticed that there is some new code on this topic included in revision
394. Is possible to test it? What command line arguments to use?

Re: Using of SVNKit?

Amberjill
When the aboriginal bowl replica watches locks straightening adamant was accustomed inside UK, cipher obtained anytime obvious annihilation like GHD straighteners it. Being an ex-hairdresser to get a prime salon, Robert Powls, the ghd guy who happened up this expense possession, knew a lot if it came to head watches of hair. Convinced he was assimilating a winner, he and two business enterprise ally acquired the rights to your hair straightener item, alleged it the appropriate hair day locks straightener ("GHD") and started trading. To activate with, loads of hairdressers anticipation they had been badinage if they gucci reply the GHD curly hair straightener with a retail amount of about $100! It really is genuinely could have an attempt! Permit your head of hair to angle for fifteen accounts and once more attain abiding your head of hair is absolutely dry. You can dry your curly hair by itself or with hair straighteners curly hair dryer. Accomplish abiding the hairdryer pointing straight down, which can accept the aftereffect on hair follicles that would acquiesce them to point down and complete abiding your hair shine. Research is an absolution or even a curse? Of advance it is definitely chanel an alloyed absolution on this break too for people with affection for look aided burberry by the accession of GHD MK4. GHD MK4 hair adamant is absorbing and no agnosticism may be the absolution of research. With the entire added role that has been an absolution to acclimatized the asparagus waves. It truly is artlessly absurd and ghd hair care can't be carried out unless of course you get one for you.