Quantcast

repository object is not valid - when using branch and "include" parameter

repository object is not valid - when using branch and "include" parameter

keenan

I receive this error message from StatSVN:

The repository object is not valid. Please check your settings.

Possible reasons:

1/ Did you use the option -v to create the SVN log

2/ Is the log file empty?

3/ Do you run from a checked out directory (you should)?

4/ Do you have non-committed items?

None of those four are the problem.

It works fine on trunk.

It does not work on branch when the “include” parameter is specified

This causes the error message:

java.exe -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\StatSVN\statsvn.jar" -include "/**/*.cs" -debug StatSvnLog.xml %1 -output-dir StatSvnOutput -disable-twitter-button

It works on branch when the “include” is omitted.

This works fine:

java.exe -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\StatSVN\statsvn.jar" -debug StatSvnLog.xml %1 -output-dir StatSvnOutput -disable-twitter-button

Re: repository object is not valid - when using branch and "include" parameter

jkealey@lavablast.com
Good morning,

If you use "**/*.cs" instead of "/**/*.cs", does it exhibit the same behaviour?

Thanks,
---
Jason Kealey, Ing. - [hidden email]
FranchiseBlast, franchise software - http://www.franchiseblast.com
Simplifying day-to-day franchise operations

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Mark Keenan <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Yes, the same behavior.  I originally had it without the leading forward slash, but in attempt to solve the issue I was trying different inputs.  I’ve since changed it back but in writing my email I pulled text from an older log file.

I thought I was onto something by finding this post:

http://statsvn.1260.n2.nabble.com/Strange-error-with-the-include-exclude-options-td2738323.html

but the problem discussed was with the separator character, which I am not using.

Another related post was this one:

http://statsvn.1260.n2.nabble.com/trying-to-run-statsvn-on-a-branch-td3175222.html

But that was also not my problem as my 1.1 branch does have edits.

Thanks for the suggestion. Any other ideas?

Below is the complete output with verbose logging:

Sep 7, 2011 1:42:26 PM net.sf.statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger info

INFO: StatSVN - SVN statistics generation

Parsing SVN log 'StatSvnLog.xml'No exclude pattern

FINE statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger log(): starting to parse...

FINE statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger log(): logging code/Tullie/Tullie.Web/Tulli

e.Web.csproj

FINE statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger log(): logging config/Tullie/Tullie.Web/pro

FINE statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger log(): logging config/Tullie/Tullie.Web/prd

FINE statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger log(): logging script/tullie_web_publish_pr

od.include

FINE statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger log(): logging script/tullie_web_publish_pr

d.include

FINE statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger log(): logging .

FINE statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger log(): parsing svn log finished in 500 ms.

FINE statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger log(): verifying implicit actions ...

FINE statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger log(): verifying implicit actions finished

in 0 ms.

FINE statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger log(): parsing repositories finished in 31

ms.

FINE statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger log(): parsing line counts finished in 78 m

s.

Scheduled 0 svn diff calls on 0 threads.

FINE statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger log(): ================ Wait for completion

=========================

FINE statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger log(): parsing svn diff

FINE statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger log(): parsing svn diff finished in 78 ms.

Generating report for /project/jackson/branches/1.1 into StatSvnOutput\

Using default CSS file (objectlab-statcvs.css)

FINE statsvn.util.JavaUtilTaskLogger log(): SYMBOLIC NAMES - {}

memory usage After Build: 0.0 kb

The repository object is not valid. Please check your settings.

Possible reasons:

1/ Did you use the option -v to create the SVN log

2/ Is the log file empty?

3/ Do you run from a checked out directory (you should)?

4/ Do you have non-committed items?

Re: repository object is not valid - when using branch and "include" parameter

jkealey@lavablast.com
Hmmmm. You might be hitting a case where the include filter is simply not including anything. You could try and run svn log on the whole repo (trunk & branches). Try with a branches/**/*.cs filter instead.

Also try other variations of the include to see if anything works.

Thanks,
---

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Mark Keenan <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

*facepalm*

The branch was recently created. There are file modifications on the branch, but none of the .cs files have changed yet.

Thanks for setting me straight!

I had a big “well, duh!” moment as soon as you mentioned the include filter not including anything.

Maybe that can be added as “Possible reason #5” on the error text ;-)